Thursday, January 1, 2009

Renesmee

It started innocently enough. I wanted to see "Twilight." I made B come see it with me. Then I bought the book and started reading. It was all downhill from there. B was gone for Christmas, so all I did was read and read and read. I finished all four books in record time (for me). I hate the books but I love them. They're so trashy but they have seeped into my brain. I thought once I had finished reading them, the hunger would be over, but I can't stop thinking about them or talking about them.
I think poor B might be nearing the breaking point. I made him take me to see "Let the Right One In" tonight and he wasn't impressed. He called it "A Norwegian 'Twilight' for 12 year olds." I keep having to say the word "Renesmee" out loud or in my head at least a couple times a day. It's like I'm bewitched or something. I just hope it ends soon. I need to find something else to fixate on before I drive everyone around me crazy.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I was the same way with Lord of the Rings. At least you seem to be confining your shared enthusiasm to your loved ones - I managed to reach a wider audience of my coworkers at the time. And I had even been warned by Becky Farrell that when it hits, it hits hard, but did I listen? No. Jackassery ensued.

This is actually why I've been avoiding Twilight... so far!