Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pushing Through

It's weird. I finally pushed out of my comfort zone and it wasn't that bad. I was expecting horrors. I was trying to figure out any way to get out of doing what I said I would do. I was nervous, but I pushed through and did what I hinted at doing and it wasn't that bad. It was enjoyable even. Yes, it was nerve-wracking as well, but I came through it and I learned a few things and maybe even enjoyed myself.
Fear is there for a reason. It keeps us from making stupid mistakes, but where's the line between safe fear and irrational fear? I find myself driven by fear of doing things, even the smallest things. When did fear start to bleed into my living of life? I'm scared of so much, but it's all this inconsistent mist of my own creation.
I guess maybe it's just going to take a lot of practice to get out of my box. Just getting in the mode of being completely terrified, pushing through and realizing in the end it wasn't that bad. I hope it's a lesson I can eventually learn.

No comments: