Saturday, July 19, 2008

Confessions on Church Floor

It's always interesting when I go to church and see a line of old ladies waiting outside the confessional. What's more interesting is how long a lot of them take once they get inside. When I go to confession, it's a pretty quick affair, I plow through all my wrong doings and say my prayers as efficiently as possible. I wonder what these old ladies are doing that they're in there so long. Did they steal an apple at the grocery store? Did they say something mean to their poodle? Did they get a little too harsh in telling their husbands to hurry? Or is it something else? Are these old ladies doing unimaginable things? Are they hosting orgies, embezzling cash, murdering their loud neighbors? Today's sermon was all about not judging people. That's something I'm constantly trying to avoid. Still, I can imagine the possibilities without passing judgment.

No comments: