Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thin Ice

I'm nervous going to ice skating tonight. It's been three weeks since I've been. There was no class last week and the week before I was in Milwaukee. I hate missing class. In 3 1/2 years of college, I missed one class. After being up late for work the night before, I overslept for Early American Literature and felt horrible. I'm going to be missing my first week of my tennis league this week too with a trip to St. Louis. It will be the first time I've missed since I started playing in the league.
I don't know why I'm obsessed with not missing things. It was the opposite when I was younger. I would figure out an excuse for my mom to not make me go, or she would pick me up early. I think getting older, I didn't want to miss out on anything. I didn't want to come back to some place and feel the least out of control. Maybe it's because part of me doesn't want that feeling that the world goes pretty much the same when I'm not there.

No comments: