Thursday, April 3, 2008

Truth & Consequences

To tell the truth... When is the right time? Do you wait around? Do you try to spare the other person's feelings? Do you say "I'm fine" when someone asks you how you're feeling just because you don't want to get into it? Do you hold it because letting it out would feel good, but dealing with the aftermath of what you let out just doesn't seem pleasant?
I don't know, I guess it depends on the circumstances. I don't think anyone would want to be privy to what goes on in my head at any given moment. Sometimes it's fine but other times it's dangerous. Sometimes it's calm and other times things are so out of control. And it's always changing. What's true for me now could change a minute from now, it's just a never-ending swirl of emotions. Sometimes I look back at things I've written and wonder who the person writing them is. The handwriting looks just like mine, but I wonder how those thoughts could have ever gone through my head.
In college, I freaked out once and destroyed all my journals just because I couldn't deal with what I had written. I ripped them up into shreds, put them into a jar, and filled the jar with water and bleach. It's pretty scary thinking that I couldn't deal with my own truths.
I guess in the end things just happen. And you just try to do your best to manage. Like in the fall, when the leaves keep fallings from the trees, you rake up pile after pile, but there's always more blowing around.

No comments: