Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No She Didn't

The new bike path running along the Orange Line in the Valley is a place away from time. People walk or bike along cheerfully, they take their kids and teach them how to ride their bikes, people smile or say hello as you pass them. It's a nice little getaway safe from crazy cars and the crazy people driving them.
Well, usually it's a nice getaway. As I was riding along yesterday, with the sun shining and a brisk breeze blowing, I saw something ahead of me: a woman behind the barrier where people wait for the bus. She looked around and then pulled down her pants and started to pee. It was kind of traumatizing seeing ass and urine right in front of me as I biked past. Very strange. A reminder of where I live.
Of course, it wasn't as bad as the time on the subway when a woman pulled down her pants and lied down on the floor of the car as it was moving and started to fulfill needs that are all together more sensual. What is it with public transportation these days?

No comments: