Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I W A N T O U T

I am going to my happy place.
Where is that?
I don't know where I want to go.
I think it might be anywhere but here.
It's been raining again and I imagine being at home as the rain falls and watching movies and tennis and television and eating chocolate chip cookies.
I remember some of my favorite weekends were when it was raining and I never left my bed.
There are too many voices talking.
There are none I want to listen to.
Am I hard headed?
Do I not want to hear thoughts that aren't my own?
Am I jealous of my lack of involvement?
Maybe some of us are meant for less and not more.

I can see dark clouds over the waves on the beach.
I want to be sitting on the sand, wrapped in a blanket with nowhere to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...tough crowd...does that mean you resent me because I was involved? Do you hate my scenes...my outline? Do you hate me? Go then, to your dark place and stay there until you want in.