Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Petricia

I love being teacher's pet. I always have. In 10th grade, my English teacher, Mrs. Baker loved me and we would sit around for some classes and just talk about entertainment issues. She had a free period after our class and sometimes I would stay well into that and she'd write me a note excusing me for being late to German.
So, when someone else usurps my position as teacher's pet, it's devastating. Why aren't I the one being told secrets? Why aren't I the one being consulted for special projects and the like? Is there something wrong with me? Am I not saying the right things? Acting the right way?
I don't know the answer, but I do know that someone I'll call "Petricia" is stealing my limelight. She's so glamorous and good at what she does and puts me to shame. And she has this attitude that people pay attention to and when she talks people actually listen. When I talk, it's usually just to myself. Anyway, I guess I'll have to settle for second place. For now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be jeal...at least you have a good forehand!

Love,
Petrica