Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Flashes

Sometimes when I squint, I can see clearly without my glasses. It doesn't last long, but it's nice to have perfect vision even if it's just momentary. I feel like my brain stretches in the same way sometimes, when a simple action or comment can show something for what it really is. And either I realize it and take stock of it, or life just goes on in the same way. I've had a couple of those moments lately, for better or for worse. People just seem to be revealing themselves lately. I don't know if it's because of my mood that I'm seeing things this way or if it just is. But I'm not questioning it. I'm just trying to remember the past and how it's not the impressions made by getting to know someone that end up counting in the long run, it's the little moments that seem inconsequential--those little flashes when the truth comes out that are so easily missed. It's easy to talk myself out of them, but it's usually to my own detriment. I'm trying to file things away and adjust appropriately.

No comments: