Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Hard Sell 2

The gym yesterday was a tense experience. I was working out and then saw my new friend, Terry. I found myself darting from machine to machine just to avoid him. I didn't want to make eye contact for fear he might attack. I think what upset me more thinking about the whole situation with him is that he obviously went after me because I'm smaller than all the normal loud, 'roided out manly men and I'm sure he assumed I wanted my own imposing physique. He never seems to bother the guys who slam weights around and never put them back after they use them. I saw him go after one of the older guys too, so I guess I'm not alone. I found myself coming up with things to say to him so I could be ready in case he bothered me. Alas, I was able to avoid him by just cutting my workout short when I saw him nearing again. I ran to the cardio machine and never looked back.

No comments: