Sunday, June 29, 2008

Come & Go

I went to a going away party last night. Someone I met out here who's now leaving. It's a strange feeling watching people come and go. It kind of makes me feel like I'm standing still as everyone else moves on with their lives. I'm well aware that things have changed in my life, but when things are happening to you, it's hard to be aware of them.
I went to a psychic at the end of the year. She knew a lot of very weird, specific details about my life but she also made some predictions about changes that I'm still waiting to happen. I think they've expired but part of me wonders if I've had chances that I've ignored or if I keep putting blinders up to things that I should be paying more attention to.
So, I'm at this party at this bar and seeing people I haven't seen in a while and explaining what I've been up to and so hesitant about it. Someone there had been in South America for 4 months, another had gone to Panama, another had a new job. I've been... playing tennis... not leaving the house...
I guess actually going somewhere is a big change when it comes to my life.

No comments: