Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Smog and Burgers

I walked off the plane and looked around, smog was covering the San Fernando Valley as a light breeze blew past. I walked through the airport, glancing at the news on television as I walked. Another car chase. Does it happen anywhere else in the world as much as here? And how come there never seems to be any traffic during car chases, no matter what the time? I walked out to claim my bag and the mob scene ensued. I decided not to get involved. I would be the one to make a stand and stay back a few feet. Wouldn't you know, my bag was one of the first to come out. I grabbed it and walked to my gas-guzzling Jeep and drove through the Valley to the nearest In-n-Out Burger. Oh In-n-Out Burger, a reason by itself that Los Angeles is a superior city.
I arrived home to my nice size apartment and a sweet cat that kneads my leg. There were some unwelcome surprises, but nothing that's not manageable.
It's time to get adjusted back to the being home.

No comments: