Friday, June 13, 2008

Tire-d

Uh, very unfortunate that a flat tire leads to replacing all the tires which leads to debt in my jobless existence. But, what can you do? It's not like I even drive that much, but I do drive sometimes and I just have to suck it up. I was thinking about this as I walked home from the tire place. I passed a woman on the "banks" of the Los Angeles River. She had a pillow and a blanket and was making a bed for herself in the dirt in the middle of the day. I can usually fall asleep most places, but I don't know if I'd be able to do it on the banks of the Los Angeles river in the dirt in the middle of the day. What brought her there? She she have to charge a set of tires? Did her bills get out of hand? Did she just watch as it all slipped away?
Looking at her I was reminded of how precarious life is. Sometimes just one choice can set you down a path you never saw coming. I know I can look back on my life and see seemingly simple things I've done that have altered all that came after it. Lately I'm beginning to think it's easier to hide away than deal with any changes or anything the least bit stressful. It's scary out there. Or the idea of out there is scary.

No comments: