Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Takedown

It's a strange feeling when it's going on. Thinking I've got it all figured out and things are in line when the unexpected happens. And then my mind starts spinning. Like today, the figure skates I've been waiting for for months finally come in. I get them, I get skate guards... and there are all these screws and things to be put together. Sometimes things appear to be so simple but end up being much more complicated. It's even worse when something complicated appears when you had no idea it was coming.
I'm thinking a lot lately about the idea that how someone handles one thing in their lives is usually representative of how they handle most things in their lives. In relationships, at work, with family, with friends, at the grocery store, on vacation, at the tennis court, on the skating rink. I can certainly see lots of parallels all too clearly. How I react to traffic, people, situations... It's strange and daunting. Thinking that if I want to make a change for the better that it's not just one thing that has to change, but everything, my entire outlook. I guess it's just something else that ends up being a lot more complicated than it initially looks.

No comments: