Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Safin & Dechy

There was definitely some magic today at Wimbledon. One of the best days of 2nd round matches I've seen. One match was a very talented Russian, who has fallen by the wayside, taking on the 3rd ranked player and another was a Frenchwoman with limited talent against the world's #1 player. They both were amazing for different reasons. Both involved some luck and ups and downs and fight, but what I loved most was the heart involved. I was brought off my seat. I screamed into my pillow repeatedly. I cried.
What was most amazing was the composure and class of the people involved. Everyone was throwing everything they could at each other. Everyone was faced with amazing circumstances but remained cool.
In the end, someone I wanted to win won, and someone I wanted to win lost. But I hope to take away the spirit of the matches I saw today, to realize it's best to stay cool and do your best and you never know what might happen.

M. Safin def. N. Djokovic (3) 6-4, 7-6, 6-2
A. Ivanovic (1) def. N. Dechy 6-7, 7-6, 10-8

No comments: