Thursday, June 19, 2008

Focus

I think it's good to just take a step back sometimes. To try to listen to voices in the stillness. Unfortunately, a lot of times when I take a step back, instead of listening to voices, I fill my head with things to keep me away from listening to them. I'm easily driven to distraction. Like a new kitten who goes from focusing on one thing to another from second to second.
I think some people are more able to focus than others. Other people just tend to pick up the skill. I can focus on some things and not others for some reason. I remember when I first started my job logging, another logger jokingly put a bunch of post-its on my desk that spelled out "F-O-C-U-S" since it was obvious that my mind would wonder.
Focus. Focus. Focus.
Maybe I'm afraid of what the voices might say.

No comments: