Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chris, Chris & Chris

I feel it coming on again. My head is spinning. I don't know if it's an obsession over my hair or something else that's causing an obsession over my hair, but I felt like I was losing it for a little while today. Today, I was listening to my iPod and a song came on that reminded me of something A and me were talking about this morning. I don't know what exactly it was, but once I hit that Rilo Kiley song, I couldn't stop listening to it. I put it on repeat and kept listening all through working out, all the way home, in the bathtub. I wanted to figure the song out. It has flashbacks, shifting points of view, and seems to be out of sequence.
While listening, I kept thinking about how much I hated my hair. I knew I needed a haircut, but didn't know what I should do with it. I was veering towards one of the answers I like in such occasions: shaving it all off. I've done it before and I was close to doing it again. I went to the barber shop without knowing what I was going to do. Short or long or the same or what. I didn't know.
I sat down and waited for my turn. What came on the speakers? A Rilo Kiley song. It was weird. I wanted to know what it all meant, but I couldn't figure it out. Then the lady at the front called me up. She told me that the guy in front of me was also Chris, so she would refer to me as Christopher. When I was called up, the guy cutting my hair introduced himself, his name was Chris. I don't know what that meant either, but I made a decision.
I do feel a little bit better. At least I did something. My hair is fine. It's not the complete answer I wanted, but it never is. Still, there's something bubbling under the surface. Maybe it's why people were asking me if I was all right before. Even B commented that one night I was looking a little out of sorts. Even today it felt like something was going to happen.

No comments: