Friday, November 7, 2008

Organization

I don't consider myself very organized. I wouldn't guess that B does either. The apartment is usually in disarray until I get in a mood to make it not so. Documents and pictures and songs pile up on my computer desktop until I can't take it anymore. But there's something in me that loves organization. Today at the gym two of the workers were arranging the free-weights, putting them back where they belonged. They were having trouble spotting missing and misplaced weights, so I decided to pipe in. I got some weird satisfaction from helping out put things right. It really upsets me when things are all over the place. At the gym I usually spend a lot of time just wondering why people can't put things back where they got them. Today things were right, if only for a little bit. I wonder why they can't stay that way.

No comments: