Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Awakening

Just got back from seeing "Spring Awakening" and it was still amazing. Maybe not as good as when I saw it last year, but still the best show I've seen. It's hard to judge theater by the same standards as everything else. With a movie or a TV show, I can just put the DVD in and watch it as many times as I want to. But with theater, those moments are the only ones like that on this earth. The experience can't be relived or duplicated. I really stand in awe of what people are able to do up there. Not just the actors, but the writers and directors and band and stage crew. It's a really unique experience and a really remarkable thing. I didn't nearly take enough advantage of living in New York in the theater department. There are so many shows I wish I'd seen, but there are no re-dos, whatever "30 Rock" would have you believe. But it seems with B in the picture, I've at least been allowed the opportunity to change my behavior and see what's out there.
B has been the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so mean to him! I wonder why that is. I'm nicer to people on the street or even people I don't like that much. It's horrible, but it's also the ultimate compliment. You only let the people you really love see every single side of you. You can only let it all loose around people who you trust--people who you trust not to run away or judge or retaliate. Hopefully I'm not all bad, but sometimes I wonder.

No comments: