Friday, November 21, 2008

Blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The week is over. Finally. It was a blur. A series of ups and downs and zig zags and unexpected news. And now it's the weekend. My preference is for a weekend with nothing to do, but there is so much on the menu for the next couple days. I don't know how much of it I'm going to do, but it's overwhelming just to think about it and all the other things to come as the holiday season enters its full swing. Today at work I wanted to find some room where I could crawl into a corner in the dark and just sit awhile. For a moment, I contemplated crawling under my desk. Alas, that wasn't an option, so I had to space out while just sitting at my desk. I got lost in b-roll shots of New York by day, New York by night, people walking the sidewalks, traffic on the highways, butterflies on flowers, birds soaring over the ocean. I think I just needed to focus on something inconsequential, but something that would keep my attention. Otherwise, it might have been a mess with all the thoughts bouncing around in my head. I need to remind myself that I don't have to let the moments sail by if I don't want them to. I need to take a deep breath and calm down. The sun will rise again tomorrow.

2 comments:

K & A said...

And I thought you were editing...

K & A said...

I WAS editing. I was just taking longer than I should selecting my broll shots. I WASN'T SLEEPING! I WAS CHILL!