Sunday, November 16, 2008

Under Where?

I don't know where my fascination with underwear comes from. It's not like that many people see it, but it's important to me. Lately I have had no interest in buying much of anything, especially clothes, but underwear seems to be the one exception. I always have the impulse to buy every different kind of pair I see, but I know better. I rate all my pairs from favorite to least favorite and after doing laundry, I try to wear my least favorite pairs first so towards the end of my laundry cycle I only have good pairs left. There are exceptions to that. If it's going to be a special day or I want some good luck, I have to pull out a lucky pair. I find the lucky pairs aren't actually lucky, but I just like them better.
I don't know where this is coming from. I've always had a fascination with underwear. Even when I was younger, I remember asking my mom for some colorful pairs of bikini briefs, so I could have more than white briefs. My preference lately is boxer briefs and I can't believe I actually went through a period where I wore boxers, which all of a sudden I couldn't stand one day. I just threw them away rather than force myself to wear them at the beginning of the cycle.
I think part of it comes from an intense desire to be one of the perfect bodies on the underwear box. Like if I get the perfect pair, my body will suddenly be in shape and I'll look stunning for once. I guess I'm still waiting for that magic pair.

3 comments:

K & A said...

You're the magic pair, baby!!

marsupial said...

Ha, I just gave a reading of a story I wrote that has a lot to do with underwear...

K & A said...

It's simpatico. I would love to read it sometime!