Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Eyebrows, Cats & Traps

What does it mean that when I go to prematurely put paper in the printer, there's only one sheet left? What does it mean that when I pull out my eyebrows and run a pen over them, they gather together like they're magnetically charged? What does it mean that I try to have a good attitude but keep getting bogged down by the swirling mass of confusion surrounding me?
Maybe it's not confusion. Maybe it's the world and I'm confused. I wish things made more sense.
I came home yesterday and the apartment was quiet. Usually, one of the cats is around to say hello. But there was no one to greet me at the door. I thought it might be feeding time and that's where they were at. I gave it a few minutes. Then I started to worry. I walked upstairs, looked around, nothing. I went into the office, nothing. Bathroom, nothing. The feeder was full. I walked into the bedroom, nothing. I noticed the bathroom door, closed. I opened it up. Somehow the cats had locked themselves in for who knows how long and had made a complete mess while they were at it, toilet paper was knocked to the floor along with hair products in the sink and skin products all around. The cats looked at me like I was disturbing them and then walked out to say hello and get something to eat. They were trapped but they weren't freaking out. Maybe they knew things would eventually turn out right.
Where does that faith come from? I pull out another eyebrow.
Things will eventually turn out right.

No comments: