Saturday, August 30, 2008

Terrifying Rides, Infidelity, Liza Minneli & Dead Cats

I don't remember a time when I've remembered so many dreams, night after night. Last night's were perplexing. I know no one cares, but I'm writing them down anyway because it's interested to have them to remember, especially when the memory of them slips away so easily.
First, I was at a house with my family and B. I got a visit from H2, who seemed very depressed and just needed someone to talk to. He went to leave in a Winnebago and I opened the doors to make sure none of the kids had hidden inside. Well, BR was inside, trying to sneak a ride, so I went in to get her, but H2 ended up taking off up a hill at full speed and couldn't find a place to turn around. We ended up speeding up a hill with the door open, I was holding on to BR as we went higher and higher up a cliff.
Next, I was riding a bike in a neighborhood that was Studio City-esque. It was this suburban area on a hill that overlooked the entire area and I rode my bike down the hill to Ventura Blvd. A lot of the shops on the street had burned down, but I stopped at one that was still standing to get an Italian ice. I noticed someone familiar there, it was B on his lunch break. He was standing very close with someone and leaning his head on this person's shoulder. I heard them talking and immediately went crazy and ended up hitting B in the head with a magazine, but he was resolute that this had been going on for while and was happy he could finally be open about it. There was a part of me that was angry and another part that realized there was nothing I could do about it.
Next, I was watching a weird, violent but arty movie on CBS with my family and Liza Minneli. Everyone was bored, but we were still watching it until I decided to turn it off. For some reason, Liza was a little down and I had to assure her that she was brilliant and one of the all time greats. The house ended up turning into an awards ceremony where both Liza and a teenage Susan Lucci were nominated for awards. I left the house and went to a park where a light rain was falling. In the park, someone had left "X-Files" and "My So-Called Life" posters on the ground and I was excited to find them. As I was walking around, I heard this horrible screeching. It caught me completely off guard and was a horrible sound. I finally started to run towards the sound to find out what it was and looked around in all these ponds the rain had formed. In the ponds were a bunch of drowning cats. First I tried to save them with sticks until finally I jumped in, but I was too late and I could only save one. The rest were all floating dead in the water.
There was a definite progression to the dreams. I went from being happy with my family to scared, then to angry at B, then to completely grossed-out and disturbed. If I was to interpret what I was feeling, I would say there's a part of myself that I'm keeping at bay and not trusting because I think it's going to get out of control and lead to something catastrophic. I'm not sure what this part of me is, but I'm interested to find out if it's giving me this much grief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're weird