Friday, August 22, 2008

1 in a Trillion

Things end and things begin.  And sometimes things that happen that seem so large end up disappearing like a smoke ring.  I don't know why things happen like they do sometimes.  There were moments yesterday where I had such clarity.  I saw myself and I saw the world for what it was.  It was scary because I knew there was some misfire in my brain that made me think all was coming clear, but I couldn't stop thinking that way.
I do think those moments are tainted, but there are truths they contain.  I'm entitled to my feelings just as much as anyone else.  And just because something I feels goes against the general consensus, it doesn't mean it's wrong.  My goal as of now is to just express what I feel.  It's up to me to stand up for myself and not be trampled on.  It's up to me to bring my problems to people instead of talking behind their backs.
There are plenty of times we are supposed to just go with the flow, to not cause trouble.  At this point, the only person I really have to face up to every day is the one in the mirror, and I need to start doing what I feel is right even if it's the wrong time for it.  

1 comment:

marsupial said...

it doesn't mean it's wrong.

you are never wrong.

it's nearly 4am (my time) and i'm crying like i haven't in ages. your words were a catalyst for something. thank you for that.