Monday, August 11, 2008

Tennis Lesson

Some days it flows, some days it doesn't. I won my tennis match 6-1 on Sunday and I really never felt nervous. I just did what I needed to do. I think sometimes I try a little too hard to play a certain way when it's just not in me. I think we all want to be Supemen and show off our flashy best. But I think it's a long learning process to realize that I have to live up to my own potential, not what I think others want of me and not strive for things that aren't within me. Not that I'm managing expectations or using it as a cop out, but no one has it all. I think it's taking me a long time just to find out what I do have. I think part of my current state is compounded by my first trip to the gym in almost 3 months. I'm at my heaviest and it's a weird feeling. But I have no one else's expectations to live up to but my own. I guess I'm just always trying to find a way to be comfortable in my own skin.

No comments: