Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Choke

Last night was a painful night falling asleep. There was something (a grape I think) stuck in my throat and it hurt. It would flair up and then just sit there without going down. I tried eating bread, drinking milk, drinking water. It was stuck there and I just had to fall asleep with it... twice... because after falling asleep once, I woke up coughing and had to fall asleep again.
Then, tonight, I came home and started eating cheese. I took a bite... and started choking. The cheese was stuck in my throat. I was gagging and having trouble breathing. I took a swig of root beer to try to wash it down, but it wasn't going. My throat was convulsing as it tried to push it down or up and didn't know what to do. It felt like an eternity but finally I was able to spit it up in the sink.
What does it mean? The throat is supposedly representative of communication. Am I not communicating? Am I keeping silent? Am I keeping quiet when I shouldn't be? Am I saying too much and need to keep it down?
Or do I just need to chew my food more?

No comments: