Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ten-end

It's the last day of tennis league. I'm kind of glad it's over even though I do enjoy playing. I think I need a little break. I'll be interested to see how I play today, considering there's nothing on the line. The winner of my section has already been decided and there's no way else for anyone to catch him. I already blew my chances of moving up by losing 3 times this season. So far, I have a 7-3 record in singles and a 1-8 record in doubles. I'll end up 3rd ranked in singles and last in doubles.
My match last week showed me I have so much more to learn to get better. It's not just my head but my actual game. My strokes have a tendency to break down and I make too many mistakes. My serve can disappear for weeks at a time and I easily lose focus.
I guess I have improved, but it's hard for me to gauge. Maybe one day I'll be able to not work and just take tennis lessons. Until then, I'll work on improving my attitude and my game.

No comments: