Monday, October 6, 2008

Planets of the Universe

"Planets of the Universe" is a great Stevie Nicks song (is there any other kind?). She wrote it in the 70s and tried to record it a few times, but she never managed a version she wanted to release until 2001. It's about life going on and how, in the big scheme of things, the little that seem earth-shaking end up melding into the big picture.
JG loves "Planets of the Universe" and I was thinking about him as I was listening to it today. JG moved to Washington yesterday. Yet another friend gone out of LA, and it's not like I have that many. Yet another person's life moving on. I'm happy for him. He has a plan and a dream and he's going to make it happen. Just like AJ and PR. People move on. I guess I'm kind of jealous. There are things in my life I want to move away from, but I think fear sometimes keeps me in the same place.
It's good to see people realizing that they need to live their lives. In the end, it all just melds into infinity, so I guess it's best to make the most out of what we have.

No comments: