Sunday, October 5, 2008

The River (1-6)

Well, my next card wasn't so lucky. I got completely taken down 6-1. I didn't think I was playing that badly, but I lost two games after being up 40-0 and didn't hit the shots I needed to hit when I needed to hit them. B and I have been hitting lately and I thought I was improving. I seemed to be hitting harder and missing less off both sides, but my shots were off today. Maybe it's growing pains or a lack of confidence or nerves. Maybe it was an off day. I don't know, I was outplayed again and couldn't figure out an answer.
I guess I'm not going to rely on luck to do things for me I should be doing myself.
B was adamant that I not punish myself for losing, but I couldn't bring myself to get my weekly Dairy Queen chocolate dipped cone. Maybe the remaining two weeks will be better.

No comments: