Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Forty-Love, Truth

I have to admit, I really wasn't looking forward to playing in any tennis tournaments. I wasn't looking forward to playing any tennis at all. But the more I think about it and the more nervous I get, the more excited I get as well. I guess maybe it's the thrill of playing someone who's game I have no idea about, the opportunity to play a person who might be a lot better, another chance to see if I can put my nerves to bed for a couple hours and fight through. Plus, it's always fun to have to play best of 3 sets rather than just 1, it gives me a chance to try more than one thing. And playing doubles with B when there's something on the line is always a fun time.
The truth is, I really do want to play, I was just too scared to take the steps to do so. I was so clouded with moping and self pity, that I let it get in the way of a chance to try something fun and new. Of course, I would never tell B that. That would mean admitting that sometimes B knows what I want more than I do. And I could never do that.

No comments: