Sunday, September 7, 2008

6-2

I got lucky today. I was playing someone who's beat me the 3 previous times we've played. I was nervous earlier, but once we got there, I was just hitting and playing fine. Nothing special. Luckily my opponent wasn't playing his best and I was just steady. What was the most interesting thing about it was the thoughts that were going through my head.
"I haven't been broken yet."
"I always get broken, it's probably coming soon."
"He's not playing well."
"He'll probably start playing well soon and I'll get nervous."
"I'm surprised I haven't double faulted yet."
"Just shut the hell up and get the ball back in the court."
It was difficult to silence my brain, but although I had a little case of nerves serving it out, I got some easy errors and it was over.
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is just get the ball back into the court.

No comments: