Monday, September 1, 2008

People Watching at the Dog Park

"She's way past the pin-up phase," Marian whispered to me yesterday at the Pasadena dog park. I squinted my left eye to avoid the glare from the setting sun and lifted my sunglasses to get a better view of the 60-year old short haired blond woman standing across the park. I had noticed her when she first walked in with her brindle colored Boxer/Great Dane mix who's gait was more like a galloping horse than a lanky, 11-month old puppy. She looked like someone who had recently had her stomach stapled and the excess skin left on her body couldn't keep up with the fast weight loss. Marian didn't think it was proper to leave your house braless with droopy boobs peeking through a white tank top or sporting Levi cut offs after the age of forty. "No one wants to see all those leg dimples. Just shoot me if I ever look like that," she added through clenched teeth. "This is a great place for people watching," Marian observed as she fished her oversized Chanel sunglasses out of the one of a kind Ed Hardy messenger bag she ordered off Ebay, and settled into back into her chair.

No comments: