Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sickly

You can really tell what a person's like when they're sick. There are so many types of sickly people. There are the martyr sickly who just want to be left alone to writhe around on the floor. You try to ask if they need help, but they want nothing except to bask alone in their sickness to show their strength and the fact that they need no one but themselves. There are the baby sickly, who revert to an infantile state when sick. They want to be catered too, taken care of and cry at any opportunity. There are the bitchy sickly who turn mean and evil. They let the world feel their pain and lash out at anyone who even asks them a question that rubs them the wrong way (which is probably any question). Their pain gives them the freedom to let out their inner devil. There are the saintly sick, who suffer in silence and offer their pain up to a better place, not wanting to be a burden on anyone. There are the crazy sick. Those people let sickness take over their better senses and can't keep it together, they get frazzled and psycho and anyone near them can tell.
There's a bug going around. I don't know who I got it from, but unfortunately I'm spreading it. I guess amidst all the sneezing, runny noses, sore throats, achy bodies, headaches and other horrible symptoms, at the very least I get to see what people are made of.

5 comments:

marsupial said...

What kind of sick are you?

Kate said...

I'd like to know too.

I worry that I am either bitchy or crazy when sick. J is definitely baby sick. I'm bitchy then, too.

Anonymous said...

you are a mean mosquito who spreads viruses and then calls himself a saint while slashing those that love and care about him with his sharp mosquitio thorn

K & A said...

I admit it, I'm bitchy and baby and crazy! It depends on what time of day it is!

K & A said...

And Kate, I can't EVER remember you being bitchy!