Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Emotion Vacumm Has Landed

Do you ever feel like all emotion has been sucked from your body? I feel like my elderly neighbor, the one who shuffles down the block in her housecoat, has hand washed me, squeezed out my emotion and then hung me on her backyard clothes line to dry. I feel numb and yet void of all feeling. (How can I be void of all feeling, isn't feeling numb a feeling? )
When I was in rehab years ago, one of our therapists sent around a feelings sheet and everyone had to pick the one that best represented how they were feeling at that moment. I could never pick one, so she always told me to guess. I would usually pick the feeling that had the best picture. Maybe I'll get one of those sheets and start carrying it around with me in case anyone asks me how I am feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're lucky. i feel too much.