Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Worst. Wednesday. Ever.

Ugh. Numb again. I was angry before, and before that sad. Before that I was fine. It's up and down and down and up.
Today should be a day of reflection, and there was some good, but there was also some bad. I guess you just count on people to have your best interests in mind and to do right when you let them know what you want. I want support. I want understanding. And I wish support and understanding to the people in my life--
I had to take a little mini break because Herbert just plopped down in front of me and demanded I stop whining and start petting.
--Anyway, I am going to reflect. Today I had a long talk with DW. I heard things I didn't necessarily want to hear and I said things I didn't necessarily want to say. Despite the whole messy work situation I'm in, I think I've made baby steps. A couple of years ago, I might have just let things pass and kept my mouth shut. But today I said what I wanted to say. I expressed myself and had a discussion and a "point of view." The world didn't stop spinning. I allowed myself to take up space. It didn't resolve anything, but it felt good to hear and express the truth.
People can only disrespect you as much as you disrespect yourself.
I was honest with someone today and I'm going to try to continue to be honest with myself.
Next to an amazing Hannah Montana card, a very thoughtful postcard from "Tori" herself, some Herbert love, lots of boxes of Suddenly Salad and some nice "Happy Wednesdays," that's about the best present I could ask for.

No comments: