Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sick

I feel a little delirious. My head is somewhat heavy, like I'm top weighted and if I lean down too much my face will just hit the desk. At the same time it feels like my brain is rattling around. My nose is dripping, my throat is sore, there's a crick in my neck, the rest of my body aches, I have no desire to do anything. I kind of want to go home and just lie down but that makes things worse. Things are actually more manageable when I'm up and moving. I sooooo wanted to call in sick the last two days, but I know there's too much to do and no time to do it in, so I come in and do what I need to do, just waiting until the time to go home.
But tonight, there is no going home. I have my first Gamma class. I have a new teacher to deal with, maybe new classmates. Maybe me being sick will make things easier. No pressure, no expectations. Just get through, get home, get something to eat, watch the Serena Williams versus Venus Williams US Open quarterfinal, jump in the shower and call it a night. I know I'm supposed to live in the now, but I can't wait until I'm home with my head in the pillow.

No comments: