Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pre-Match Jitters

I don't know why I care, but I do. I've barely played tennis in the last three weeks and have a match today with one of the better players on my level. I just want to do well, to hit the ball, but who knows. After last week's loss, my confidence is low and I feel a little at sea. It's strange how things can just turn around. I can blame it all on not playing too much or not feeling well, but the truth is, my head can't wrap itself around doing what it takes to win. Last weeks loss was a feeble effort lacking in intelligent play. I was just out-hit and didn't know how to respond. It makes me worry that the only wins I've had lately are from other people having worse times with their nerves. I don't know, the nerves are back and I want them to go away. At ice skating on Wednesday was so nervous my legs were shaking. It all goes back to the pressure I put on myself wanting to do well. Miss ML said it's best to do things stupid, to not think about them. I guess my goal should be to be stupid today.

No comments: