Sunday, September 28, 2008

Revenge (6-2)

I was nervous coming into today's match, but I think my opponent was more nervous. He had beaten me at the beginning of the season and it was on him to win. I was able to play pretty well, but he was constantly going for crazy drop shots and lucky for me, he was missing. The beginning was pretty tense, I had 3 break points that I couldn't convert and thought it was going to be a repeat of last time. But I steadied myself and was able to play a good mix of offense and defense.
Doubles was exciting too. It was a back and forth battle that ended in a tie-break and we won 7-6 (5) for mine and my partner's first doubles win of the season.
B won his singles and was still in the mood to play afterwards, so we went to John Burrows High School in Burbank and played some more. I was smacking the crap out of the ball and it was going in and wondering why I can't play like that during league. I guess the day I figure that out is the day the mysteries of the world come clear to me.

No comments: